Holland & Barrett's ideas to boost your immune system
Having a health immune system has never been more important. Thankfully, the great team at Holland and Barrett have some great idea to boost your immune system
Firstly what is your immune system?
Think of your immune system as an army of fighters searching out all types of infection, allergies and diseases. All the things that can be harmful to your body. Your immune system will seek it out and start the process to overpower whatever it is and allow the body to heal and recover
What vitamins help your immune system?
Holland and Barrett’s list below outline what are the important one and were to find it
- Vitamin A – is found in liver, milk and cheese and dark green leafy vegetables and orange fruit
- Vitamin C – is present in fruit and vegetables, including peppers, kiwis, oranges, tomatoes, blackcurrants and broccoli
- Zinc – eat meat, poultry, eggs, cheese, as well as root veg, nuts and seeds, and wholegrain cereals and breads.
- Selenium – is found in nuts and seeds, grains, vegetables, eggs, poultry, fish and shellfish
- Vitamin D – mostly comes from sunshine, but is also found in oily fish, eggs, fortified breakfast cereals, spreads and dairy products
Fun way to boost your immune
Check out their six Smoothies to support your immunity- We all know that Smoothies are a great way to get your important five a day but these recipes will also make sure your immune system is fighting fit. Check them out here
Need a great way for the little ones? Here are Holland and Barrett’s 3 perfect porridge recipes to help support immune systems, check them out here
To learn more about your immune system and how to make it fighting fit check out Holland and Barrett’s Health Hub