Stress Awareness Month!
April marks Stress Awareness Month but lets be honest stress can be a year long thing. There are many ways we can regain connection, certainty and control.
Simple steps include:
- Practicing mindfulness -Stream some stress-busting audio. Ocean waves, jungle sounds, or ambient music are a blissful way of winding down before bed.
- Being outside in nature - Increased blood circulation to the brain, as well as the release of “happy” chemicals like serotonin and endorphins, help contribute to this increased sense of well-being
- Getting a good night’s sleep - Sleep is a powerful stress Following a regular sleep routine calms and restores the body, improves concentration, regulates mood, and sharpens judgment and decision-making.
- Eat well and staying hydrated -Find a recipe online for a tasty, healthy meal. Eating well is a great way of reducing stress.
- Making time for fun and laughter- They say laughter is the best medicine. And they’re right! Make time to watch a classic TV or movie clip that always makes you giggle.
- Aerobic exercise- Exercise reduces levels of the body's stress hormones, such as adrenaline and cortisol. It also stimulates the production of endorphins, chemicals in the brain that are the body's natural painkillers and mood elevators
- Unplugging from digital devices - Tidy up your Facebook and Twitter and streamline your Snapchat. Unfollow accounts, leave groups, hide updates – all the stuff you never look at.
Find out more here https://www.stress.org.uk/stressawarenessmonth/