Vegan Malt Loaf with Grape Tree
If you are trying Veganuary or are a seasoned Vegan, you will love this loaf. We all know that when its cold we need a little bit of comfort food, well the cleaver people at Grape Tree have uploaded this fab recipe on their website courtesy of Romy London (@romylondonuk on Instagram)
It’s a lovely sticky treat that's a perfect healthy snack. The ideal pairing for your afternoon tea or great on it's own or with a Vegan butter spread onto a slice. This homemade recipe will beat the shop brought one every time!
Ingredients (makes 1 loaf - 6 thick slices):
120 ml strong black tea
160 g malt extract
Juice of ½ lemon
A pinch of salt
3 tbsp dark brown sugar
170g dried mixed fruit
220g plain flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 150°C and lightly grease a lined loaf tin.
- Place the malt extract, dark brown sugar, lemon juice, salt and tea into a large mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir well to combine. Stir in the dried fruits, then
- pour in the wet mix. Combine with a spatula, then transfer the mix into the prepared loaf tin.
- Transfer the tin to the oven and bake at 150°C for 40 minutes, then cover with kitchen foil and bake
- for 10 more minutes, or until the loaf is done and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow for the loaf to cool down for at least 30 minutes, before removing from the loaf tin and slicing.
To check out this and other great recopied click to the Grape Tree Website here