Back to School Top Tips
30th Jul - 1st Sep
Back to school season is around the corner and it won't be long before your little ones get to try on their brand new uniform. This can be both an exciting and stressful period, especially if the kids want to look smart and create a great impression on their first day. Whether they have never tied a tie, or need a refresher on the best way to tie your shoelaces, then not to worry! Matalan have created some awesome tips, with easy to follow instructional videos.
Need to know how to tie a tie? Follow these instructions below:
1) Pop your tie around your neck making sure the wide end is twice as long as the narrow end.
2) Take the wide end across the road, take it around the roundabout and up through the tunnel.
3) Finally take it down and under the bride, while still holding onto the thin end of the tie.
4) Pull the knot nice and tightly, wriggling it snug into place.
Still a little confused? Watch this video
Great! You've learnt how to tie your tie, now what about those shoelaces?
How to tie your shoelaces:
1) Fold each end of the lace into a single bunny ear.
2) Loop the bunny ear over the other.
3) Take it under and through the gap made at the bottom
4) Finally, pull the bunny ears nice and tightly to secure them.
If you need a little more help, then watch this video:
We hope you are ready for the big first day in September. If not, then come down to Mall Maidstone and have a shop around the brand new Matalan, located on Level 2, and pick up a fantastic range of back to school uniform essentials.