Covid-19 Information - 19th July
It is really positive to hear from the Government’s recent announcement that restrictions are lifting on the 19th July. Protecting the health and safety of guests and staff remains our number one priority, and we will encourage the wearing of face coverings, keeping a safe distance and washing hands regularly whilst visiting the shopping centre as we continue to respect and protect each other.
We will keep certain measures in place to do our part to help control the spread of the virus for the foreseeable future, including enhanced cleaning regimes for all areas and hand sanitising points at all entrances.
We realise some people may be anxious, particularly about visiting busy places, and will continue to inform the community about the quietest times to shop via our social media channels and website.
As we ease out of restrictions we are mindful that everyone will be moving at different paces and will appreciate if everybody shows consideration towards other guests and centre staff over the coming months.
Here, you'll find everything you need to know to shop safely with us from 19th July 2021:
We continue to place the utmost importance on the health and safety of our guests, customers and employees, following government advice to provide a safe environment. We want everyone in our centres to feel as safe as possible so please adhere to the government guidance to help prevent the transmission of Coronavirus (COVID-19). We Encourage: Hands, Face, Space.
- Do not enter the centre if you are experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms
- We encourage face coverings to be worn unless exempt
- Maintain a respectful distance from other members of the public
- Respect and follow the instructions outlined by our retail stores and centre security team
If you haven’t already, please download the NHS Covid-19 app. It's the fastest way of knowing when you're at risk from coronavirus (COVID-19).
We advise visiting at quieter hours in the morning (9am-11am) and evening (5pm-7pm) to avoid queues.
All our stores and leisure facilities are now open – see our full list of stores here.
- What will be the opening hours?
Opening hours are 9am-7pm Monday to Saturday and 11am-5pm on Sunday. Some stores are offering extended opening hours including Primark and Wilko, please check directly with the store you are visiting for more details before you travel.
- Do you have provisions in place for vulnerable people?
If you are in a vulnerable/at risk group we encourage you to check how busy the centre is ahead of your visit. For this information, please contact us on 02088886667. If a queuing system is in operation, please make yourself known to the member of staff at the door and they will happily assist you. If you are visiting a specific store, please contact them directly to check their policy.
- Do I have to wear a mask or face covering to visit your centre?
It's not mandatory, but we encourage all visitors to The Mall Wood Green (aged 11 or over) to wear a face covering, unless medically exempt. If you have any concerns, please speak to a member of centre staff.
- How will you manage social distancing?
While social distancing is no longer a legal requirement, we ask our guests to be mindful of each others' personal space and understand that other shoppers may prefer to keep a safe distance.
- What precautionary measures have you taken to ensure the centre is safe and clean?
We are doing everything we can to make sure our centre is a safe place to visit and work including:
- Enhanced deep cleaning and sanitising stations at key locations
- Limiting numbers of people in toilet facilities, escalators and lifts at any one time and enhanced cleaning
- All our occupiers are expected to comply with government guidance and to have policies in place for staff as well as adequate and clear instructions for shoppers. Our general managers will be on hand to help and advise.
- How are you keeping the public updated on any changes to how they use your centre?
Our latest measures, as well as information on accessibility and advice on visiting during non-peak times, will be available on centre website and via social media channels.
- Have Capital & Regional staff been specially trained to manage this new way of shopping?
Yes, all staff have been through specific guidance/training to carry out their duties in the new way of working.
- What additional measures have you taken to make sure it is safe to shop in the centre?
During this difficult time, we are placing the utmost importance on the health and safety of our guests, customers, and employees and have implemented a number of preventative measures throughout the centre since the outbreak of COVID-19. These include escalating the intensity and frequency of our cleaning procedures, providing instructional signage, deploying additional hand sanitisers and encouraging all our visitors and staff to practice good hygiene with regular hand washing. We remain diligent in our approach to the virus and are maintaining an ongoing dialogue with the local health authority as the situation evolves, while adhering to the latest official advice being provided.
- Will you be temperature checking guests and staff?
Checking the temperature of guests and staff is not part of the government guidelines which means we won’t be carrying out temperature checks on entry.
- Will there be a limit to how long I can spend in the centre?
No limits will be applied to the amount of time you are able to spend in the centre.
- Will there be any changes to the lifts?
Lifts are in operation but we encourage single occupancy or household occupancy per lift. When you are considering using the lift, please prioritise space for pushchairs and disabled access.
- Will the toilets and baby change and feeding facilities be open?
All toilet facilities are open; signage will advise maximum occupancy for each facility.
- Will there be seating in The Mall? I can't stand for long periods, what support is available to me in the centre and in the queue?
To enable social distance and prevent the spread of coronavirus, our seating has been temporarily removed. If there is a medical emergency or a guest is struggling, we will assist however we can.
- Is the Guest Lounge open?
Yes, our Guest Lounge is open, and we are happy to help with any questions you might have.
- How do I know if every store is safe to visit?
The Mall Management team are working closely with all stores to ensure they are COVID Secure.
- Is cash being accepted at stores or will it be card payment only?
Please check with our individual retailers, however we expect many shops to accept card payment only and you should be prepared to pay by card.
- Do I have to queue for each store?
Due to restrictions in capacity within some stores, queuing at busy times is a possibility. Please be patient while the staff serve customers to the best of their ability.
- How can I pay for parking?
There are three options: